Saturday 24 September 2011

Could Christiania Happen In The UK?

I've just been happening to listen to a prog on Radio4 on the Danish comune cum anarcho-capitalist society cum hippy/squatter/leftist dreamer free area in Copenhagen.

I started to think, could a similar society take off in the UK? With the prevailing economic situation (which slightly resembles that which created Christiana) I feel that a social experiment like this may be viable, but would be an amathama to 90% of the political class, thus rendering it impossible as it would be stamped on very hard!

While it may not be possible to engender such a social experiment here in the UK, I would like to see such a thing happening, possibly in a neo-cyberpunk sort of way.

Posted by e-mail via mobile.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You realy want to comment? You must be mad! Go ahead, make my day!