Sunday 24 July 2011

News Portmanteau - My Comments

Amy Whinehouse RIP

The singer Amy Winehouse has passed. This is unfortunate, but not surprising. My condolences to her friends and family. What worries me is just how far up the news this event is. One person dying, no matter how famous, should be after the Norwegian bombing and shootings (as it is), the Chinese train crash (which it isn't) and the Texas roller-skating shooting (which hardly gets a mention)!


Norwegian Bombing and Shootings

I can add very little to this except to condemn extremist religious and political views of all stripes, wonder why it is possible to get automatic weapons in certain jurisdictions, and say  that my condolences go to the Norwegian People, especially those close to the dead and injured.

 
Chinese Bullet Train Crash

Again a very unfortunate incident, and again my condolences to the friends and families of the dead and injured. I feel it interesting that the problems on this reasonably new high speed line have been associated with corrupt practices in it's construction and running.

Texas Roller-Skating Shooting

Tragic, really tragic, but what do you expect in Texas!

No comments:

Post a Comment

You realy want to comment? You must be mad! Go ahead, make my day!